As well as the Court sending out paperwork, you can also send in your own. The main example would be your Defence document. However you can get control of the claims process by the use of Counterclaims, requests for Strikeouts, or for general Orders such as requesting a referral back to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) such as POPLA. Here are some examples we've seen.