Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 Regulation 27 and Regulation 28 allows for the release of keeper information - as opposed to driver information. There is though a requirement on the DVLA by the Information Commissioner to only release the data where necessary. The Information Commissioner's guidance makes it clear that where the information relates to the individual's private life (i.e. their home, family, social life or finances) it will deserve more protection than information about them acting in an official or work capacity (i.e. their public life). The keeper database contains somewhere in the region of 43 million records. Each of the individual records contained within the database is made up of 168 fields.
- Guidance for private car parking operators making using KADOE
- Misuse of the Keeper's Personal details
- Regulation 27, Keeper details and harassment
- 2006 measures to protect personal data
- Reasonable cause refined in 2006
- "Reasonable Cause"
- Regulation 28 - sale of bulk data
- Regulation 27 - release of personal information