Notice of Transfer of Proceedings (N271)

What is this form?

This is a standard form which comes after the Directions Questionnaire. It is simply the courts way of letting you know which local court will hear your case.

How do I check which is my local court?

If you go to the following link, you can use the A-Z list or better still use the postcode search facility at the bottom of the second page. Your case will be heard in a County Court and not a Magistrates Court. All civil cases like yours are heard in the County Court.

Do I need to do anything?

If the court is the one you want, then no. If the court is not the one you expect, and is not the one nearest to you, you should contact the Court Manager at the nominated court and ask for your case to be transferred. It is a principle of the Courts that a lay person / consumer gets the court nearest to them. 


Example Notice

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk